How Does Virtual Reception Work? – Virtual Reception takes the stress out of starting private practice. Benefit from a professional, experienced service without the high cost of wages!
We handle everything related to bookings:
- We take care of all of your patient calls. Our virtual reception is open 9-5pm, 5 days a week.
- Our service is personalised for you – we answer calls as your team!
- We make appointments directly into the software of your choice – We are proficient across all popular platforms.
- Appointments are strategically booked to maximise time efficiency for the doctor (eg: we avoid scheduling gaps and will aim to fill gaps).
- All appointments are confirmed – essential for compliance and cash flow!
- Confirmed 2 days prior, via sms.
- Final consulting lists are faxed or emailed to you – you simply walk in and start seeing patients.
- Follow up appointments can be made at doctor’s discretion.
- Any patients who don’t arrive for their appointment are followed up twice (as per below). The care of patients is handed back to the referring doctor to satisfy legal requirements.
- 1. Letter is sent – same day. 2. If no reply, follow up letter sent – 2 weeks later. 3. Letter goes to referring doctor.
- Queries from patients are answered in a timely and efficient manner, with messages forwarded to you via email. When a referrer calls, we attend to them as your personal staff.
We have your billing sorted:
We invoice and collect payments from patients.
- We process all receipts into your nominated system.
- We submit the Medicare on-line rebate for the patient, issue them with the benefit statement or invoice receipt for their consultation.
- We co-ordinate all aspects of operation bookings – hospital theatre bookings, anaesthetist and assistant allocations, elective admission forms, public admission forms and any other associated paperwork
- We liaise with patients on your behalf regarding pre-operative preparation and complete health fund checking
- We use ECLIPSE on line billing for health funds, ensuring that all fee schedules (including Medicare) are up to date
- We can bill patients any Out Of Pocket expenses for the procedure and issue an informed financial consent
- We can assist all specialists with registration with all private health funds
- We lodge all operation billings on line via ECLIPSE and report all ECLIPSE payments received into the bank account of your choice
- We go through any eclipse rejections correcting and resubmitting claims as requested by Medicare within 5 days of notification of the rejection.
- We can set up document templates for your transcriptions (eg: initial consultation correspondence, review consultation correspondence, operation report correspondence)
- Transcribe all consulting / operating notes received via batching in Zedmed or by logging in remotely to your preferred medical software within 24 – 48 hours of receipt of voice file
- We advise / submit the batch / correspondence for your review and correction and distribute the correspondence the same day that the transcription has been approved.
What are the benefits of Virtual Reception and/or administration?
- Affordable – No expensive wages starting out
- We know what we are doing! – No start up stress
- We present your practice as professional and well established-Referrers are confident to refer
- No long term contracts – You remain in control and may progress to your own staff when ready
- When ready we can recruit for you – We manage the process and all compliance requirements
- Rooms with Style is a one stop shop – We can provide everything else you need in your private practice too
- Back up is provided – Rest easy knowing your medical data is secure.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How does medical virtual reception work?
Your phone lines are diverted to our switchboard. We answer your calls, log into your software and action calls accordingly, as if we are sitting in your office and we are your own administration/reception staff.
- Can I have my own dedicated phone line that is answered in my company name or do I simply fall under your company umbrella?
You can absolutely have your own phone number and line that is answered as per your instructions. For example: “Good morning, Dr. Smith’s rooms, Jane speaking….” Or “Good morning, Smith ENT and Audiology, Jane speaking…”. If you choose not to have this feature, the phones will simply be answered as “Specialist Suites, Jane speaking….”.
- What is the meet and greet process if I’m using Virtual Reception?
This will vary depending on your practice’s processes, but generally the onsite staff will greet patients and ask them to fill in a patient registration form or any other paperwork. This paperwork can then be sent through to the VR team to process into your software. The onsite staff can also collect payments throughout the day from the patients and then at the end of the day send through all details for the VR team to process into the software.
- How many people will answer my calls?
RWS VR offer a boutique service, where we allocate two staff members to your account, so your patients will almost always be speaking with the same receptionist, who are very familiar with your account.
- What about after hours calls?
Our phone system allows patients and doctors to leave a detailed message that will be returned within business hours. All messages are replied to first thing the next business day.
- Will I be required to have another provider number?
No – the provider number you use at your own location can be used by your billing company.
- Do you use my preferred software on my IT system or am I required to use yours?
This can be done a couple of ways. The software we use in house is Zedmed and we can make appointments and record all patient details that we send through to you. Alternatively, we are also proficient in many other medical software packages and have the capabilities of remotely logging into your system and keeping it up to date. This allows you to view your schedule ‘live’ at any time.
- What is Eclipse billing?
Eclipse billing is an electronic version of lodging your in-patient accounts to corresponding health funds. It is linked with both Medicare and the health funds to be assessed and paid straight into your account.
- Can you help with the Medicare and Eclipse paperwork (such as registering for gap payments with health funds etc)?
Absolutely, we can assist in this area, lodge the paperwork and liaise on your behalf. Speak to us about our VPM – Virtual Practice Management.
- What happens if an Eclipse invoice gets rejected?
We will liaise with Medicare and / or the private health fund to sort out the issue and resubmit the claim. We charge on a receipt basis – so we don’t get paid until you do.
- What if I bulk bill?
We can lodge your bulk billing batches on line for you.
- How will I get paid the patient funds?
You can have your onsite staff collect the funds on your behalf, using your EFT terminal, and send us the information for processing in your software. Otherwise, we can collect the funds for you. All payments collected on your behalf will be fully reconciled to your consulting list and one sum transferred via EFT into your nominated account on the following business day.
- What about Eclipse payments?
All funds paid via Eclipse will be deposited directly into your nominated account. The payment advice will come through to us (if you choose this method) and we will process the payment into your medical software.
- Do you offer any other Virtual Reception Services?
We certainly do. Ask us for our services list.
- Can I use only some VR services?
Yes, you can. Many of our clients have a ‘hybrid’ model where some administrative tasks are performed by the onsite staff and others performed by RWS Virtual Reception.
- Can I use VR in a purely ad hoc manner?
Ad hoc VR is referred to as temporary telephone diversion (TTD) and is only available to existing VPM clients in emergency cases (e.g. a staff member calls in sick). It is not available as a stand-alone package. Is there a long term commitment required? There is a three month sign on commitment but after that, it is month to month.
- What if my practice grows?
A growing practice is the aim of every specialist. If your practice grows, we can increase your services. If you outgrow us, you can cease the service at any time (post the three-month commitment) with a month’s notice. Our Virtual Practice Management services can assist with the transition to hiring your own staff and setting up your onsite practice.
- Can we meet to discuss any further needs?
Of course. RWS VR have lovely offices where we can meet to discuss anything else your practice requires to be successful. Alternatively, we can also meet over Zoom.
- How do I get started with VR?
Getting started is easy. Once you have accepted the formal scope, we will allocate a phone number for you to redirect your incoming calls. Once you have done that and granted us access to your software, we are good to start! From date of scope acceptance, generally we can activate the service within 24 hours (depending on how quickly we can get access to your software and phones are diverted).