Changes to Victoria’s long-service leave laws will come into force on Thursday 1st November 2018.
This will mean new rights and responsibilities for employers and employees.
The key changes:
- Employees can apply for long-service leave after seven years, not 10
- Employees can take leave in smaller increments, down to one day or more
- Unpaid leave, including parental leave, counts towards long-service leave
- Most absences from work do not break continuous employment
- Increased penalties for employers who don’t keep records