RWS (Rooms with Style) provides Human Resource Management for doctors. We work to ensure your practice is meeting all compliance obligations and that your staff are appropriately trained and managed.
Contracts and Compliance
RWS provides you with employment contracts relevant to the roles and awards of your staff. Contracts are personalised and ensure that other matters, uniquely relevant to your practice, are reflected in the employment contracts. We also provide your staff with required information from Fairwork Australia.
Employment contracts are a vital part of effective staff management.
They ensure your practice is compliant and set a tone of expectation and fairness. This contributes to a practice culture that is professional and current.
Don’t make the mistake of thinking you don’t need employment contracts. You will appreciate the employment contracts being in place when human resource matters and possible disputes arise. They help to protect you and your business.
Compliance policies and procedures such as induction, WHS obligations, performance management and anti-discrimination are also provided as part of this service.
Position Descriptions and Key Performance Indicators
RWS provides your staff with detailed position descriptions relevant to their role and award. We provide role descriptions for receptionists, medical typists, medical secretaries, practice managers, book keepers and practice nurses.RWS works with you to design Key Performance Indicators for your staff – specifically tailored to the needs of your practice. These indicators allow practice principals to measure the performance of their team. They are an essential management and motivational tool.
Induction of New Staff
RWS provides induction for all new staff members.Our induction service includes the following:
- Offer of Employment detailing engagement terms
- statement of Engagement – covering all legislative requirements for commencement
- an employment contract compliant with the National Employment Standards
- the formalized position description
- creation of KPI’s for the role to create motivation and accountability
- completed Personnel Details form
- collation of superannuation and tax details
- pay Instructions
- fair Work Australia compliancy
- practice reporting/organisational structure outlined
- an induction template tailored to your rooms
- the induction meeting with the new staff member
- latest Work Safe guidelines presented.
Policies and Procedures
RWS provides for your practice, all policies and procedures relevant to Human Resource management.
Such policies include:
- Personal/Annual leave
- bullying and harassment
- social media, email and internet policies
- workplace attendance
- code of conduct
- disciplinary procedures
We work with your team to create two vital practice tools:
1. HR Policies. These policies are a vital part of your staff management. They ensure fairness, compliance and set expectations. RWS creates tailored policies and procedures for you to ensure they meet your specific needs.
2. A practice handbook (detailing all the practice information required for staff to operate the rooms. This is particularly vital to train new staff or if your staff are unavailable and you require temporary staff).
RWS provides staff management for your rooms.We work with your staff to ensure they are performing optimally. Your human resource consultant works with you to set staff expectations, host staff meetings and ensure staff are properly disciplined, rewarded and trained.
We become your business managers knowing the intricacies of your practice and your team. This information allows us to manage them most effectively taking the staffing headaches away from you.
RWS provides professional development and training.
We ensure your staff are appropriately trained in all human resources related topics.Topics may include:
- Delivering great patient service
- building strong referrer relationships
- handling complaints
- dealing with conflict
- building a great practice culture
- understanding behaviour styles
- WHS requirements
- telephone etiquette
- corporate dress and presentation
- to name a few….
Training ensures your team are acting in a professional, compliant and amiable manner.
Performance Management and Termination
When staff performance is not to standard, RWS provides performance management.This ensures you are compliance and fair in the handling of such issues.
We also provide termination for situations when a team member is not performing effectively and performance management has not resulted in improved performance.
Performance Management and Termination can be very stressful for doctors. We work with you to ensure the process is professionally handled.
Payroll and Entitlements
It is vital that your staff are correctly paid and that entitlements are correctly calculated.This can be daunting for new practice principals.
RWS ensures you are following correct payroll protocols and that your calculations are correct. We set processes in place to ensure your staff payroll obligations are met in a timely, professional manner. Superannuation entitlements and leave entitlements are also arranged and calculated for you.
RWS has a qualified accountant who provides this service. This allows you to spend time doing what you do best – being a doctor.