Our Practice is looking for a mature minded 2IC/Senior Medical Receptionist who loves their role. You thrive on using your extensive Reception and Assistant Management skills to organise and be the gatekeeper for our Specialists. Your sense of humour and quiet confidence and unflappable attitude will be an asset to our Practice. You will be true brand ambassador, happily liaising with our referral base and treating all at the Practice with respect and dignity.
Our selected candidate (commencement asap) will start at the reception area meeting and greeting patients and liaising with various other contacts. You will also assist with back office duties such as Theatre Bookings and Surgical Quotes and Billing.
You also pride yourself on your customer service, and organisation skills which only comes second to your attention to detail. You will also draw on your extensive people skills to assist patients in need.
Main duties include:
- Having a good understanding and extensive experience in Theatre Bookings, Surgical Quoting including liaising with Hospital staff, end of day, week and month reporting and batching
- Professional in your presentation, written and verbal communication
- Having previous 2IC/Senior Medical Secretarial experience including managing consulting sessions, reception, debt collection, maintaining Medicare and DVA fees schedules and tracking income for our Specialists
- Zedmed Medical Software (or similar) including experience with known Gaps, no Gaps and AMA fees
- Experience with TAC and Workcover (viewed favourably)
- Being experienced in working with various health funds and Medicare
- Possess excellent organisational skills, outstanding work ethic and punctuality
- Have a capacity and energy to perform well in a busy environment – must be a skilled multi-tasker
- Strong experience with Medical Terminology
- Happy to perform ad-hoc administration duties for our team including Specialists and allied health staff
- Meeting and greeting patients – managing consulting sessions including issuing invoicing and taking payments
Successful candidates for this role will require:
- Exceptional customer service and attention to detail (this cannot be overstated)
- An extremely friendly, professional, dignified and kind manner to all people with whom you deal with
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good typing skills and IT savvy (audio typing would be viewed favourably)
- A 2IC/Senior Medical Receptionist background, along with experience with higher duties, ideally having experience with Zedmed practice software, and having worked within a Specialist practice
- Motivation to assist in growing and improving our practice
What you will get in return:
You will work within a very supportive and caring work environment with various doctors, allied health staff and patients. You will be paid a good salary with permanent employment benefits, upskilling opportunities including training and be able to forge a career in a successful medical practice.
If this sounds like a role that interests you, please submit your resume and cover letter. Email Michelle@roomswithstyle.com.au or apply on Seek quoting the reference number: 760.