Nursing – General Medical & Surgical
Above Award payment depending on experience
- True customer service role with a fantastic team
- Enjoy both an administrative and a clinical role
- Bright light modern consulting rooms
Are you a multi-tasker? Do you enjoy both the clinical & administrative side of a specialist medical practice? Then we want to hear from you.
We are a busy well-established Orthopaedic group that consults across multiple sites (inner eastern suburbs). Free parking provided at some sites and easy public transport access at all sites. You will join our established practice as a Practice Nurse/Administration. Our amazing team will support you in this role as you work together to provide a seamless experience for the practice and patients. Our ultimate priority is our patients (we cannot overstate this).
About the role
Join us in providing quality patient care through your advanced clinical nursing practice, along with your strong administrative experience. This is a unique role that will include pre and post patient care (even visiting patients whilst in hospital). You will be promoting and developing collaborative relationships amongst our health care team.
Duties – Nursing Role
- Be the clinical point of contact between patients and the Surgeon.
- Demonstrate advanced clinical skills, knowledge and expertise (Orthopaedic experience well regarded)
- Ensure Surgeon’s instructions and protocols regarding clinical care are meticulously documented and followed at all times
- Gathering health histories, planning and coordinating patient care
- Wound care as directed, pre and post-op.
Duties – Medical Administration
- Using your experience to work alongside the Surgeon to provide Patients with all aspects of administrative tasks including the Surgeon’s diary, consulting sessions, surgical bookings and billings
- Reception relief
- Regular liaison with the Practice’s Business Managers – RWS as required
Essential skills and experience
- At least 3 years as a qualified Nurse (EN or RN, Orthopaedic experience highly regarded), current AHPRA registration required
- Previous experience using Medical Practice Software (Genie viewed favourably)
- Flexible in your approach to work, with exceptional customer service skills
- A genuine team player (this is an integral part of our practice)
- Well developed time management skills and ability to multi-task and work efficiently under pressure
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Ability if needed to assist in consults at our other practice sites (inner east)
- Own car and licence
- Great organisational skills
How to apply
Please follow us on our Instagram Page: RecruitmentatRWS. Please click ‘apply’ on Seek and register to apply for the position quoting reference number 773.