About the role
We are looking for a friendly and proactive medical receptionist with good audio typing skills to join our surgical practice on a permanent part time basis. Previous experience in medical reception/administration is essential for this role.
You will provide administrative and reception support to the vascular surgeon, our team and patients. Pivotal to this role is the audiotyping of letters, to be sent out with a fast turnaround (one day).
The role will be based at our Kew surgical rooms, alternating 2-3 days per week .
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Assist with managing consulting sessions, meet and greet
- Answering the practice phone in a professional, caring and warm manner
- Manage appointment diary and referrals
- Administrative duties as required (e.g.: scanning, send/receive correspondence, inbox maintenance)
- Audiotyping letters
- Flexibility to cover staff annual and sick leave
Skills and experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- One to two years minimum experience as a Medical Receptionist in a similar environment; experience in Specialist rooms highly advantageous but not essential
- Experience liaising with Surgeons, staff and allied health professionals and patients (warm and respectful manner when interacting with staff, patients and all medical professionals)
- Prior experience with medical software with strong computer/IT (including troubleshooting) skills (Genie software training provided)
- Typing speed (minimum 70-80 words per minute)
- Your patient care skills are only second to your attention to detail skills
- Ability to work from home if required due to COVID-19 government requirements (laptop, phone and typist foot pedal provided)
- Experience and ability to meet deadlines (letters typed during consulting hours to be reviewed and sent out on the day)
- Overtime may be required once or twice per month if the surgeon finishes consulting after 5pm so that all letters are typed and sent out on the day – we pride ourselves in our turnaround.
You will be reporting to our Practice Manager who will support and guide you in this role.
8:30am till 5:00pm
If this is a role that suits your skills and experience, we would love to hear from you. Please apply via Seek and quote ref: 768