This is a unique Practice and an amazing opportunity. This Practice is a one stop shop for any joint/Orthopaedic issues with multiple services and options offered including Allied and Medics. We are a progressive team.
Our mission and reality are to provide patients with an extremely comfortable Practice environment (think of a cosy lounge room) where they feel safe, cared for and realise and know they are our Practice’s number one priority.
We are looking for an experienced Medical Receptionist to join the team, who understands that caring for the Practice’s patients is as important as their professional skillset, being our true “Director of First Impressions”. You will be working alongside our dynamic team to ensure the smooth functioning and daily operation of the Practice.
The right candidate will need to demonstrate an exceptional commitment to patient care and have incredible attention to detail (a must) and also have the ability to drive and develop the centre to be working at its optimum.
Excellent presentation and communication skills (both written and verbal) are essential as you will be our front of house. The role would be based at our Frenchs Forest rooms. Flexibility to assist in covering leave for our staff (and their roles, which we will provide training for) would be viewed highly. There is parking close to the site.
- All administrative aspects of patient care and reception
- Welcoming patients into the practice in an efficient, friendly and courteous manner
- Delivering exceptional customer service at all times – making a difference in our patients lives
- Scheduling and managing patient appointments and assisting with consultation sessions including invoicing and receipting – this will be for our Surgeon, Allied and Medic consultants
- Collecting and entering patient details
- Answering phone calls and enquiries in a professional and friendly manner
- Performing general administrative duties and ad-hoc duties as required for the Surgeon and the broader team
- Managing consulting sessions for our Surgeon, Allied and Medic team
- Working with the team to manage the Surgeon and other consultants’ diary
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience in customer service and experience in exceling at this (this cannot be overstated)
- Excellent communication skills with a positive and friendly manner and can-do attitude
- Professional appearance and demeanour
- Experience using Gentu, Cliniko or Nookal (or similar medical software programs/IT savvy), and willing to learn new software
- Ability to work independently with initiative and also love being part of a varied team
- Ability to work well under pressure and to multi-task in a very busy environment and open to direction to ensure the smooth running of the Practice
- Constantly takes pride in their work and productivity, who loves to assist and is flexible in times of demand.
- Excellent with medical terminology and happy to undertake ad-hoc duties as needed by the team
- Work autonomously without supervision and under instruction
Desirable skills and experience:
- Previous experience with a specialist software program (e.g. Gentu, Cliniko or Nookal)
- Experience working within in a Private Practice setting, particularly Surgical and Orthopaedic Surgeons (viewed highly)
- A genuine interest and commitment to caring and wellbeing for the patients
- Be able to work autonomously without supervision and handle situations whilst the surgeon is not available
Monday to Friday
8:45am till 5:15pm
If you possess the skills required, we’d love to hear from you please email firstname.lastname@example.org your resume and cover letter. Appropriate remuneration based on skills and experience. Ref: 762.